A book lover since age eight, I had the idea that my one true love will be a striking, rich prince or a gallant knight in shining armor. Very fairy tale-like, I know, but I don’t blame myself. I blame the profound intuition of authors.
Like most book lovers and TV series fans do, I fall for these characters over and over.
- Tobias Eaton a.k.a. Four of Veronica Roth’s Divergent series. The way he handles a woman as fierce as Tris got me. He’s someone in control in the midst of chaos.
- Augustus Waters from The Fault in Our Stars by John Green. Giving up his only wish for Hazel to personally meet her favorite author is very thoughtful. And this is one of the sweetest passages I have ever read.
- Klaus Mikaelson of The Vampire Diaries. Seriously, how can anyone refuse someone with a British accent? He’s not totally evil, he’s just misunderstood. And when he said this to Caroline –
– I died of envy.
- Damon Salvatore of The Vampire Diaries. An absolute arse at the beginning, Damon is now Elena’s hero. Nothing is more heartbreaking than watching your beloved in your own brother’s arms but Damon kept his cool from the start.
- Edward Rochester from Charlotte Bronte’s Jane Eyre. This is where the classic master-servant romances came from, I guess. Any woman’s heart will beat faster when her good-looking boss say this line from the novel.
“I knew you would do me good in some way, at some time; – I saw it in your eyes when I first beheld you: their expression and smile did not – did not strike delight to my very inmost heart so for nothing.”
- Liam Campbell of Angel Falls by Kristin Hannah. He is a loving husband who never gave up on his wife even when she did not recognize him after waking from a coma and instead asks for her ex-husband. Wanting his wife to be happy, he searched for his wife’s former love.
- Christian Grey. Fifty Shades of Grey. I need not introduce him because I know that everyone knows him. Like most of those who read the novels, my inner goddess was awakened by the gloriously handsome Christian Grey.
- Prince William. Yes, the Prince William, second in line to the throne of England. He is my first crush. When I see a magazine where he is on the cover, I’ll buy it in a heartbeat. When they announced his engagement to Kate Middleton, I got fever the next day.
- Pete Cashmore. Mr. Mashable. Smart. Attractive. Extremely wealthy. What else can a woman ask for? I am so jealous of his girlfriend. But I hope the best for them.